Business Banking Officer | Bendigo | Vic
Work type: Full and/or Part Time, Full Time
Categories: Finance & Accounting, Customer Service, Administration, Business Development, Credit, Community Engagement
At Bendigo Bank we make business personal by developing meaningful relationships built on trust to help our business customers and their communities prosper.
About the team and role
Join a diverse and high energy team that has a fantastic culture of skills development, where you will be encouraged and supported to grow and challenge yourself.
Our Business Banking Officers are known internally as Middle Market Officers. In this role you will support a Middle Market Manager and a portfolio of business customers consisting of complex commercial lending typically in the range of $750k - $10 million. You will build a strong connection with new and existing customers and identify opportunities to strengthen the business relationship, along with delivering win-win solutions while always providing exceptional customer service.
This is a full time, permanent position, however flexibility with hours may be negotiated with the right candidate.
Whilst based in the Bendigo Head Office, you will have the option to work from a branch at times.
Key to your success will be:
Customer focus: Analyse customer financials, proactive consultation and referrals, match appropriate products to customer needs and meet customer expectations.
Performance focus: Provide timely and quality service, undertake customer needs analysis, have a strong knowledge and understanding of commercial lending products and services, be a team player with the ability to manage your own development.
Relationship management: Have the ability to influence, build and maintain strong external relationships and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
Loans administration: Accurate preparation of credit submissions and administration of loan files, managing the end to end loan application process, efficient processing of documentation and completion of annual reviews.
Does this sound like you?
- Customers are front of mind in everything you do
- Success in building strong stakeholder relationships
- Sound financial acumen with credit and financial analysis skills
- Sound understanding of commercial markets and commercial lending products and practices (or ability to quickly grasp)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective planning and time management skills
What we offer
- A great career opportunity! This is a role with high variety, giving you wide exposure and experience, including attending customer visits to gain a greater understanding of your customers and build your business development skills.
- Innovative sales and leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package, plus relocation costs will be considered for the right candidate
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is the better big bank: Australia’s fifth largest retail bank and a top 70 ASX listed company. We are a national organization with more than 7,500 employees helping 1.6 million customers to achieve their financial goals.
Our purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago; that is, to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, not off it. It is this unfailing commitment to take the time to connect to our customers that has given us our consistent success.
We recognise the importance of diversity and continually strive to provide an inclusive work environment where people are treated with respect, feel valued and can achieve success. We believe our success depends on the commitment, integrity and skill of our staff.
Find out more
Please read the Position description for further detail: Middle Market Officer - Business Customer - July 2018.pdf
For a confidential discussion about what this opportunity can mean for you, please contact Julian Lake, Senior Manager Middle Market on 0478 435 389.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now