Automation Specialist (Continuous Delivery)
Work type: Full Time
Location: Bendigo, Melbourne, Adelaide
Categories: Information Technology
Reporting to the Deploy & Release Automation Squad Lead, the Automation Specialist will work within a small team that is delivering the Bank’s Continuous Delivery capability. This capability is a vital part of enabling the success of the new way of working and ensure that we realise the benefits of Agile.
You will need to be able to work autonomously, but also work harmoniously within the team. Use your excellent communication skills to establish good working relationships with various technical teams as well as business teams within the Bank and with external partners and vendors to ensure the best result for the Bank.
The Automation Specialist has several responsibilities including:
- Deliver, uplift and maintain high quality and fit for purpose Continuous Delivery solutions from Source Control Management, Build and Release, and Deployment pipelines;
- Progressively cross-skill in all technologies and solutions to remove key person risk and ensure consistent service;
- Identify, investigate and deliver on continuous improvement opportunities;
- Educate and support out customers in the use of the tools as well as the Continuous Delivery solutions;
- Be passionate and champion the culture of DevOps and the use of Continuous Delivery.
- Action and drive the timely completion of requests and resolution of issues and engage with support teams as required.
- Clearly communicate and set expectations with all stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will require the following skills and experience:
- Working experience of software control management tools and processes;
- Working experience of automation and integration through the build and deployment processes;
- Working experience in developing utilities/services to facilitate the continuous delivery pipelines;
- Solid understanding of software development, quality assurance lifecycles and the ability to apply and adapt to meet business strategies and risk appetite;
- Effective listening, communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to identify stakeholder needs, propose solutions and deliver working solutions;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure;
- Good presentation skills and ability to transfer knowledge to the agile teams to enable self-service capabilities;
- Knowledge of ITIL and CMM.
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies and Development Practices (such as Waterfall, Agile and Continuous Delivery) and their application.
If you are highly motivated and have a desire to demonstrate your initiative we invite you to submit an application by 28th June 2019.
Automation Specialist - updated PD 20180604.doc
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now