Consumer Credit Risk Manager
Work type: Full Time
Location: Bendigo, Melbourne, Adelaide, To be confirmed
Categories: Branch Network, Risk & Audit, Credit
- Exciting opportunity to join our Consumer Credit Risk team
- Adelaide, Melbourne or Bendigo
We have an exciting opportunity to join Consumer Banking Risk as a Consumer Credit Risk Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager, Consumer Credit Risk Strategy.
Consumer Banking Risk (CBR) is a centre of expertise for both credit risk and operational risk management and compliance across the whole of the Consumer Banking Division and provides strategy, risk appetite, governance, policy and framework support to the businesses within Consumer Banking to drive sound risk management practice. This includes providing guidance, assistance and support to relevant Board & Board/Management Committee members, Senior Management, internal and external stakeholders and providing leadership to enhance the further development of a strong risk and compliance culture across Consumer Banking.
The successful applicant will provide support and manage the credit risks of the Consumer Division associated with judgmental credit processes in a prudentially sound manner consistent with Bendigo & Adelaide Bank’s Risk Appetite and Credit Risk Policy framework.
As a part of the role the successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Managing, supporting and in some instances leading the various projects, strategic initiatives and/or pieces of credit related work that the Consumer Risk team are completing or providing SME advice to in relation to credit;
- Facilitating the collation of responses to stakeholders (including regulators) for credit risk related matters on behalf of the Consumer Division;
- Preparing submissions for credit risk related matters within Consumer for senior committees of the Bank;
- Leading the preparation of credit risk related reporting for Consumer;
- Leading the development of business cases to implement continuous improvement initiatives identified by the lending businesses within Consumer that are aligned to execution of the Consumer Strategy;
- Managing initiatives to continue to improve the Consumer Division’s use and experience in relation to Advanced Accreditation.
It is essential that the role actively promote the utilisation of innovative and creative solutions to maximise sound credit risk standards which embrace a well-functioning credit risk management system for the Consumer Division.
Experience and Qualifications
The right candidate for the role will have extensive experience in Consumer lending credit risk roles within the banking industry and will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, economics or commerce (preferable)
- A thorough understanding of industry best practice credit risk measurement techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of Basel Advanced credit risk requirements
- Experience in a methodology role at an advanced Banks
- 5+ years’ experience in an Advanced Basel II Credit risk environment
- Detailed knowledge of APRA regulatory reporting requirements
- Experience in writing reports and making presentations
You will possess strong negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders across the organisation. You will have a sound and contemporary knowledge of regulatory requirements, banking trends and credit practices. Your attention to detail, analytical capability and problem-solving skills complement your strong cost ethic and focus on efficiency. You bring with you a collaborative approach to issue resolution. As a team player you will participate as part of an outcome-driven, results focused, customer-oriented team.
If this sounds like a role you would like to experience, apply now!
Consumer Credit Risk Manager position description Consumer Credit Risk Manager PD .docx.
For further information please contact Julian Budden (Senior Manager, Consumer Credit Risk Strategy) - 08 8220 7708.
If you are up for taking on this role, we encourage you to submit an application by COB Friday 20 September 2019.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now