Join the Most Recommended Business Bank*
Bendigo Bank has a unique position in the Banking and Finance industry: we are a trusted brand with a high Net Promoter Score and the time is right for growth as businesses reconsider the sort of bank they want to partner with.
Our Business Banking Division is investing heavily to improve our systems, technology, process and people capability and help realise the huge opportunities for growth Bendigo Bank has in this area. If you are proactive, curious and driven now is the time to join the team and help our business customers write their own amazing stories.
About the team and role
The Specialist Lending Team sits within our Business Customer space and the segment focuses predominantly on Property customers and Retirement Living and Aged Care customers with lending in the $10m+ space. Known internally as an Assistant Property Specialist, you will report to a Senior Property Specialist and work closely with them to manage commercial property customer relationships and loan portfolios, contributing to the lending growth and retention targets for Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s commercial property lending.
Key to your success will be:
Customer focus: Analyse customer financials, proactive consultation and referrals, match appropriate products to customer needs to deepen the relationship, consistently meet customer expectations. Customer relationships and transactions can be of a unique and complex nature requiring an advanced ability to meet challenges and provide solution-based outcomes.
Relationship management: Have the ability to influence and negotiate, build and maintain strong external relationships and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
Management of Lending Facilities: Accurate preparation and finalisation of credit submissions and administration of loan files, managing the end to end loan application process, efficient processing of documentation and completion of annual reviews
Performance focus: Provide timely and quality service, undertake customer needs analysis, have a strong knowledge and understanding of commercial lending products and services as well as policy and procedures, be a team player and ability to manage your own development.
Based in our Adelaide Head Office, this is a full time, permanent position, with flexible work options available.
Does this sound like you?
- Customers are front of mind in everything you do
- Advanced credit and financial analysis skills and experience writing credit submissions is essential
- Success in building strong stakeholder relationships
- Success in developing and growing strong customer relationships
- Good understanding of commercial markets (commercial property experience highly desirable)
- Advanced experience and understanding of the end-to-end lending process
- Self-motivated and proactive with effective planning and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to build positive team relationships with local and remote team members
What we offer
- Innovative sales and leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is the better big bank: Australia’s fifth largest retail bank and a top 70 ASX listed company. We are a national organization with more than 7,500 employees helping 1.6 million customers to achieve their financial goals.
Our purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago; that is, to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, not off it. It is this unfailing commitment to take the time to connect to our customers that has given us our consistent success.
We recognise the importance of diversity and continually strive to provide an inclusive work environment where people are treated with respect, feel valued and can achieve success. We believe our success depends on the commitment, integrity and skill of our staff.
Want to know more?
Please read the Position description for further detail: Position description - Assistant Property Specialist.pdf
For a confidential discussion about what this opportunity can mean for you, please contact Duane Cock, Senior Manager Property on 0431 995 174.
When you work at Bendigo bank what you do matters: to local businesses and to their communities.
* 2019 DBM Financial Awards