Senior Manager Risk & Compliance
Work type: Full Time
Location: Bendigo, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, To be confirmed
Categories: Management, Risk & Audit
- Exciting full-time opportunity
- Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank's strategy is built on our vision of being Australia's leading customer connected banking group.
Consumer Banking Risk (CBR) is a centre of expertise for risk management and compliance across the whole of the Consumer Banking Division and provides strategy, risk appetite, compliance, governance, policy and framework support to the businesses within Consumer Banking to drive sound risk and compliance management practice. This includes providing guidance, assistance and support to relevant Board & Board/Management Committee members, Senior Management, internal and external stakeholders and providing leadership to enhance the further development of a strong risk and compliance culture across Consumer Banking.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic, collaborative, practical and experienced Senior Manager Risk & Compliance to join the Consumer Risk Advice & Assurance team focusing on the 1st line risk, compliance and assurance obligations facing the Banks’ Third Party Banking, Consumer Processing, Call Connection and Products businesses.
The Senior Manager Risk & Compliance is a leadership role and is responsible for leading a team of risk and compliance professionals to ensure that all risk, compliance and assurance objectives are delivered appropriately and on time.
In addition, the role will work closely with the Head of Consumer Risk Advice and Assurance to provide risk support for the Bank’s Transformation project.
The role will be an integral part of the Consumer Risk leadership team and will report to the Head of Consumer Risk Advice & Assurance but also works closely with other members of the Consumer Risk team and Consumer Banking stakeholders to enhance the further development of a strong risk and compliance culture.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and performance of a professional team;
- Delivering expert risk and compliance advice, solutions and support to the overall business while adopting a continuous improvement approach to enhance overall efficiency and support to the business;
- Overseeing and delivering the further development, implementation and management of the risk, compliance and assurance frameworks;
- Identify and coordinate risk and compliance projects designed to assist the business meet their regulatory obligations while achieving business objectives.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of highly engaged individuals to refine and achieve outcomes.
- Solution and outcome focused.
- Proven risk and compliance experience gained within a financial institution or wealth management company.
- A proven track record of agenda setting in a complex and rapidly changing environment and the ability to successfully influence key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to communicate complex reporting issues and requirements to all levels of employees and stakeholders;
- The ability to work autonomously; and
- The ability to manage and influence relationships.
At the Bank, we believe in the benefits of diversity in our workforce and foster a respectful and inclusive workplace. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply and endeavour to select a candidate based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role, and their ability to demonstrate how they live the Bank’s corporate values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement. We also support flexible work arrangements and welcome applicants to discuss this in our interview process.
For further enquiries, please contact Robyn Clay, Head of Consumer Risk Advice & Assurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view a copy of the position description 2019-09 Senior Manager Risk and Compliance.doc
Applications to be received by 5.00 pm (EST) 24 September 2019.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now