Join the Most Recommended Business Bank*
- Business lending, relationship management, customer acquisition
- Right-sized portfolio for service and growth
- Innovative sales & leadership development programs
Bendigo Bank has a unique position in the Banking and Finance industry: we are a trusted brand with a high Net Promoter Score and the time is right for growth as businesses reconsider the sort of bank they want to partner with.
Our Business Banking Division is investing heavily to improve our systems, technology, process and people capability and help realise the huge opportunities for growth Bendigo Bank has in this area. If you are interested in a career in business banking and are willing to be proactive, curious and driven now is the time to join the team and help our business customers write their own amazing stories.
About the role
Bendigo Bank’s Business Customer division has resourced our teams to ensure we can provide the high level of service and face to face relationships that our customers are looking for and that gives us our competitive advantage. Our Business Banking Managers are known internally as Middle Market Managers. In this role you will manage a commercial portfolio, responsible for complex lending typically in the range of $750,000 - $10 million. Your portfolio is the right size to allow for growth and also build deep relationships with your existing customers. Key to your success will be:
- Performance focus: You are able to manage your portfolio with a focus on maintaining credit and quality in accordance with the Bank’s credit risk appetite and policies. You achieve outcomes in a way that is true our values.
- Business development: Develop and implement localised plans, deepen existing relationships and acquire new business in line with business objectives.
- Leadership: Lead, motivate and coach a Middle Market Officer who will report directly to you. Provide development opportunities and performance feedback.
- Relationships: Form collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, strong networks with local industry, business and community groups and lasting relationships with customers through quality conversations.
This is a full time, permanent position with flexible work options available. You will become part of a diverse and inclusive team and a company with a great culture. Based in our Adelaide head office, you will benefit from modern facilities with collaborative workspaces and be able to work alongside our other Business Banking segments such as Small Business and Specialist Lending, as well as the local Credit Risk team.
We are looking for someone who will grasp this opportunity with enthusiasm and proudly tell our story to take our business to the next level. Does this sound like you?
- Customers are front of mind in everything you do
- Experienced lender with well-developed business lending and credit analysis skills and the ability to deliver appropriate financial solutions
- Customer portfolio relationship management experience
- Proven and proactive approach to business development with established quality referral sources and networks
- Significant knowledge of Commercial markets
- Passion and knack for sales
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop other people
- Success in building strong stakeholder relationships
- Strength in negotiation and influencing others
What we offer
- Innovative sales and leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
Bendigo Bank is the better big bank: Australia’s fifth largest retail bank and a top 70 ASX listed company. We are a national organization with more than 7,500 employees helping 1.6 million customers to achieve their financial goals.
Our purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago; that is, to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, not off it. It is this unfailing commitment to take the time to connect to our customers that has given us our consistent success.
We recognise the importance of diversity and continually strive to provide an inclusive work environment where people are treated with respect, feel valued and can achieve success. We believe our success depends on the commitment, integrity and skill of our staff.
Find out more
Please read the Position description for further detail: Position Description - Middle Market Manager.pdf
For a confidential discussion about what this opportunity can mean for you, please contact Kylie Page, Recruitment Advisor on 03 5485 6050.
Applications close Thursday 24th October 2019.
Interviews and appointment may occur prior to closing date so please submit your application ASAP!
* 2019 DBM Financial Awards
Watch the video below to see why our customers choose Bendigo Bank as their business banking partner and apply now to be part of this team!