Senior Manager Debtor and Trade Finance
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, All Locations
Categories: Business Banking
At Bendigo & Adelaide Bank we aim to be Australia’s leading customer-connected bank. Our strength comes from our focus on the success of our customers, people, partners and communities.
In Business Customer, we make business personal by developing meaningful relationships built on trust to help our business customers and communities prosper.
Debtor Finance and Trade Finance solutions are an integral part of the Business Customer division customer value proposition. Debtor Finance and Trade Finance are working capital business lending products designed to help business customers to better manage their trading cycles and cashflow and provide specialised and tailored funding solutions.
About the role
The Senior Manager Debtor and Trade Finance is a key business leadership role for the Debtor Finance and Trade Finance business units with accountability across strategy, sales and operations.
This role offers the opportunity for real growth and reinvention and reporting to and working closely with the Head of Cashflow Solutions, you will be responsible for the profitable growth of the Debtor and Trade products as integral components of the customer value proposition and strategic imperatives for Business Customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- People leadership of two teams of Debtor and Trade specialists (4 direct reports,14 FTE)
- Developing and implementing a strategic and operational growth plan
- Fostering a customer centric approach to business development in conjunction with Banker and Broker sales teams to meet expected receivables growth and profitability targets.
- Increase in product awareness and knowledge across both Banker and Credit teams.
- A material increase in active customer numbers
- Management of daily Debtor and Trade operations
- Strong management of credit and operational risk within all policy settings
To be successful in this role you will have
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce or similar relevant discipline is desirable
- Extensive sales, operational and risk management experience within both the Debtor and Trade finance fields is imperative
- Strong understanding of product, credit and operational risk
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business through influencing others
- Excellent people leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop and coach staff.
- Excellent communications skills with a high level of articulation and the ability to effectively communicate a narrative.
- Strategic mindset with strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective and trusted working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Tenacious and results focused disposition with the ability to deliver appropriate customer centric and business outcomes.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close EOB (AEST) Friday 17th July 2020.
Please note shortlisting and interviews may take pace prior to the advertised close date, so don't delay: apply now!
For further information about this opportunity please contact Libby Prouse Senior Recruitment Advisor on (03) 8643 4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now