Practice Architect, Cloud Platforms & Infrastructure
Work type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne, All Locations
Categories: Technology, Strategy & Transformation
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the division
Architecture will help translate business strategies into mission results, lead the organisation’s responses to disruptive forces and shape our technology future.
About the role
The Practice Architect is a senior role within Technology & Transformation and includes a responsibility to serve as an effective leader, role model and coach.
The Practice Architect will work with the Practice Lead and architecture community to provide strategy, design and engineering leadership, and specifically to develop the target state for our cloud, infrastructure and hosting services.
Key responsibilities include
- Developing, coordinate and advocating the Cloud and Infrastructure technology target states and roadmaps and their alignment to the Enterprise IT Strategy, Cloud Strategy and Design Principles
- Architecting high quality, enterprise class solutions aligned to the overall Enterprise IT Strategy, Design Principles and standards
- Oversight of the solution architecture of cloud and infrastructure initiatives
- Developing patterns for realising repeatable cloud services and promoting the automate of cloud tasks where possible.
- Providing thought leadership and mentoring on how cloud computing can be used to enable digital transformation and create a platform for innovation, agility and application modernisation.
- Working closely with the Practice Leads, Service Owners and peers to enable infrastructure and cloud agility, scalability and resilience to support required product needs throughout product lifecycle.
- Performing technology discoveries, overseeing and facilitating the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and cloud technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Collaborating with procurement divisions to assess vendor/provider viability and risk.
- Technical leadership and active participation in the strategic development of Architecture capability for Technology & Transformation, including the assisting in development of templates, processes and standards.
- Assists with governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance of projects and products.
- Experience in designing and architecting solutions on AWS/Azure encompassing IaaS and PaaS
- Experience integrating disparate services including those from SaaS providers using API/Service and provider integrations.
- Experience in creating target state solutions for Infrastructure and architecting infrastructure solutions.
- Strong analysis and design experience on complex projects, with highly developed system architecture and software design skills, spanning multiple technologies and environments
- Strong knowledge of systems architecture and industry trends, and able to identify relevance to business solutions
- Experience in providing technical leadership with a collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills, ability to present to senior leadership where required
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now