Practice Architect, Information Security
Work type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne, All Locations
Categories: Technology, Strategy & Transformation
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the division
Architecture will help translate business strategies into mission results, lead the organisation’s responses to disruptive forces and shape our technology future.
About the role
The Practice Architect is a senior role within Technology & Transformation and includes a responsibility to serve as an effective leader, role model and coach.
The Practice Architect will work with the Practice Lead and architecture community to provide strategy, design and engineering leadership, and specifically to define high-level solution intent and determine solution feasibility. This role will ultimately be responsible for driving the security strategy by reviewing our current architecture, landscape and toolsets and formulating the roadmap to align with the strategy.
Key responsibilities include
- Developing and advocating the Enterprise Security Architecture target state and roadmaps aligned to the Enterprise IT Strategy, Cloud Strategy and Design Principles
- Oversight of the overall design of security architectures being developed as well as the transition, operational, and risk requirements
- Assist with technology discoveries, evaluating their security
- Contribution to security standards, and the design of re-useable patterns
- Providing thought leadership and mentoring on information security and Serve as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business
- Architecting and designing high quality enterprise class security solutions to ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions within Practice initiatives/programs
- Technical leadership and active participation in the development of Architecture capability, including the development of templates, processes and standards
- Review existing security architecture, identify design gaps and recommend security enhancements
- Stay abreast of current and emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate them
- Stay abreast of emerging security technologies and integrate them into security architecture as needed
- Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks and standards and overall business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience working as an information security architect and demonstrated technical expertise in existing security and IT systems, and an ability to keep pace with changing security and IT technologies
- Demonstrated experience developing security controls and operating processes in cloud-centric environments
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps
- Experience leading efforts to create technological solutions and architectures
- Experience in the following technologies (or similar): AWS, Azure, Ping ID, okta, cyberark, F5, cisco
- Strong analysis and design experience on complex projects, with highly developed system architecture and software design skills, spanning multiple technologies and development environments
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership with a collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative and actionable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now