Service Owner, Cards
Work type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne, All Locations
Categories: Technology, Strategy & Transformation
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the division
The Account Processing Practice has a primary responsibility for processing real time, event driven and batch account transactions within agreed time limits. In parallel, this practice will drive simplification of the Core Banking application landscape through consolidation of multiple applications onto a desired single state.
The Bank's Core Banking platform is built on aging applications and technology which needs to be modernised in order for the business to remain competitive. Modernisation will be achieved through "hollowing out" targeted functionality and building this cloud based feature rich capability on the new digital platform with integration back into the primary Core Banking application
About the role
The Service Owner has end to end accountability for the Cards Service, including development of the strategy, performance, delivery and risk management in alignment and according to group standards. Simplification and modernisation of the service while fostering a high performing and collaborative team environment.
The Service Owner, Cards will enable our organisation to support an efficient Cards offering that is competitive in the market by consolidating, simplifying and modernising our offering. The Service Owner will support ongoing delivery of change and ensure alignment to Cards business strategy.
Key responsibilities include
- Running discoveries, developing current and target state for Cards Service
- Ensuring the Service operates effectively with the right capability, or identifying need for additional capability
- Collaborating to manage cross-Practice and Service dependencies for successful business outcomes
- Effective management of Vendor and partner relationships
- Developing and presenting the Service strategy and deliverables of the Service to all key stakeholders for support to drive modernisation and simplification
- Effective and appropriate Incident, Problem, Configuration, change and Release Management according to technology and Group standards
- SME in core banking applications
- Ability to think strategically about how we can modernise and uplift
- A proven track record of successfully implementing major initiatives using Agile methodologies
- Proven project delivery experience with the ability to drive change in a high-tech development environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience, fostering an environment that encourages collaboration and high performance
- Excellent communication skills, interacting with both business and technical stakeholders at various levels
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now