DevOps Lead – Service Owner, Application Productivity Tools
Work type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne, All Locations
Categories: Technology, Strategy & Transformation
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the division
The Platforms Practice is responsible for new functions that will fast start our cloud and modernisation journey and incubate our API build capability for later federation into all team. The Practice is responsible for ensuring quality and pipelines to production are ingrained and automated through the software lifecycle.
Ultimately the Practice will uplift engineering capability through best practice and education to enable the bank to move safely and quickly.
About the role
The Service Owner has end to end accountability for building a DevOps culture at Bendigo Bank. You will think innovatively and strategically, communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, taking ownership and initiative.
You will wear multiple hats, not only on a technical level across Cloud, DevOps and automation technologies, but will also encompass Agile practices and modern ways of working to help drive change and influence the tech strategy across the Bank. It will be your responsibility to manage performance, delivery, risk management and financial management in alignment and according to group standards.
Ultimately, you grow and educate a team to become the banks DevOps SMEs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is both looking to flex their tech muscles as well as develop their leadership skills.
Key responsibilities include
- Maintaining and driving the strategic roadmap
- Advocating and educating technology teams across the bank in DevOps methodology
- Creating a DevOps culture and mindset, evangelising for DevOps
- Selecting and supporting/maintaining a common Enterprise DevOps toolset
- Building security into DevOps practices and tools
- Providing leadership and technical direction to the team
- Building and educating a team of DevOps SMEs
- Developing engineering standards, patterns, and guardrails
- Collaborating to manage cross-Practice and Service dependencies for successful business outcomes
- Developing and presenting the Service strategy and deliverables of the Service to all key stakeholders
- Effective management of Vendor and partner relationships
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience, fostering an environment that encourages collaboration and high performance
- Experience building or developing an Enterprise scale DevOps capability
- Solid experience in one or more of the following public cloud platforms - AWS/Azure/GCP
- Proven experience with:
- Automation / CI/CD tools – Jenkins
- Infrastructure as code – e.g Terraform, Cloudformation etc
- Automated provisioning and configuration management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Source control – Gitlabs, GitHub
- Container orchestration – Kubernates
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate how we can modernise and uplift
- Proven project delivery experience with the ability to drive change in a high-tech development environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver parallel and / or complex initiatives
- As an advantage you will have knowledge and experience of SRE principals
- Excellent communication skills, interacting with both business and technical stakeholders at various
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now