Technical Delivery Lead – Data Engineering
Work type: Full Time
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life, feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the role
Based in our Customer and Data Enablement Practice within IT as our Technical Delivery Lead you will be involved in shaping and driving technical projects at the early stages of our cloud journey as we leverage cutting edge technology. You’ll play a key role in establishing the foundations which will be used for years to come, contributing to our Group Data Strategy and driving the implementation initiatives. You’ll be part of a highly motivated open and transparent team working across other services and practices to lead projects from inception through to implementation, aligning with architecture, building out requirements and providing input to solution design for multiple initiatives.
Examples of responsibilities include…
- Coordinating and facilitating the project outcomes across multiple teams while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Assisting with escalations, removing roadblocks and providing reporting to Sponsors.
- Providing technical mentoring, leadership and guidance to the development team and empowering the Squads to deliver agreed business outcomes.
- Shaping and early-stage design work for initiatives which are funded and will progress into projects.
- Effective engagement and development of relationships with key technology/business stakeholders and vendors or partners relevant to your project. Managing their expectations for project deliverables through communications and implementing an effective system of project governance.
- Financial management and risks and issues.
- You’ll have experience in a technical leadership role with a focus on solution design and project implementation, where you have driven deliverable outcomes through effective stakeholder management and empowering the teams reporting into you.
- You’ll be able to take ownership of a problem and consider both business and technology implications when making strategic decisions.
- A background working in the Cloud Data Engineering space (an understanding of ETL, data warehousing, data flows etc.) or Cloud Infrastructure experience.
- Proven project management and delivery skills, and an ability to work in an Agile environment. You’ll be well versed in providing leadership in a DevOps & CI/CD / Cloud environment with AWS or GCP (we have both).
- Proven ability to lead projects ensuring objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- You’ll have worked with Jira and Confluence as well as a range of Project Management tools.
- You’ll be confident in working with vendors and partners to ensure the best outcome for us.
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now